We have several events happening here at Chroma Studios during December. We would love to see all our friends, new and old, for the holidays! We have extended our open hours to Tuesday-Saturday 12-6 pm. Shop local and buy from living artists!
1. In case you haven’t yet heard, we are holding a silent auction to benefit the Roadrunner Food Bank for the month of December. There are many artists participating and there will be drawings for door prizes on the opening night of the show. This is a great chance for you to help a worthy cause and have a piece of artwork to show for it. The opening reception is Friday, December 5th from 5-8:30 at Chroma Gallery at 1606 Central SE Suite 102. Call 259-6320 or 908-1392 for more information
Thanks to all the amazing artists who donated work for the auction;
Jean Casson O’Neill
2. On Saturday the 6th, Chroma will be hosting its first figure drawing group from 1-4 in the Gallery. We have limited space, so please call to reserve your place. Cost is $7 per session or prepay 5 sessions for $25. The group will meet every Saturday from 1-4 pm with the exception of the 27th of December when we will be closed. Call Paula at 259-6320 for more info.
3. On Friday, December 12th, Chroma will kick off its Intimate Concert Series. This series of concerts will be held on the Third Friday of most months in 2009 and will feature an acoustic performance in an intimate setting.
From 20 to 30 available seats depending on how much space the performers need. The first concert will be performed by Chroma founder Aaron Lewis and tickets will be sold for $5.00. Call 908-1392 to reserve your seat today.
4. On Friday, December 19th Chroma will have a closing reception for the Silent Auction and wrapping artwork for the winning bidders. This reception will be from 5-8:30 as well.
5. Chroma will be closing on Dec 21st until our First Friday show in January to allow the artist Nick Harmon to come in and prepare the gallery for his Fhab opening.(and to take a short breather).
Thank you for supporting Chroma Studios and your local art scene.
Our December First Friday opening will be our first annual silent art auction to benefit the Roadrunner Food Bank of NM. There will be a variety of art from our studio artists as well as many friends of Chroma Gallery. The silent auction will be open for bidding from the opening reception on First Friday through the closing reception on the third Friday, the 19th of the month. Chroma Gallery will have extended Holiday hours to serve you better: Tuesday-Saturday 12-6 pm.
This is a great chance to buy some awesome art at amazing prices while helping a local charity that really needs our help at this time of year. Both the opening and closing receptions will be from 5 to 8:30 pm. We will also post several of the auction pieces here on the blog so anyone that can’t make it to the show will have a chance to bid online.
If you are an Albuquerque artist and would like to contribute a piece of art for the auction, please call Paula at 259-6320 or email at email@example.com. Artists will receive 50% of the sale price on their pieces, so I guess you could say that we will also benefit the artists with this show! At the end of the auction, we will hold our first annual art exchange, which will give the artists the chance to trade art with each other.