We are excited to announce we have 10 bands participating in ChromaFEST on April 8th! There will be rock, metal, and folk rock. In between each of these great groups we will have singer/songwriters, poets and maybe a comedian or two from Albuquerque sharing their craft. This is going to be a great show featuring several of our Chroma Studios resident bands. Tickets are only $10 for the whole day! More ticket information will be available soon! We weren’t anticipating this kind of participation so unfortunately for this year’s show we will not have any of our past bands perform. We’re thinking next year’s ChromaFEST will need to be a two day event!
The schedule of bands is as follows;
11am: Old Devils/the shine
12:10pm: Humble Waves
8:15pm: Electoral College Dropouts
The Haptics and Psykick Monkey are performing in their second ChromaFEST show.
IF you are a fan and supporter of live independent music, these bands all take themselves serious enough to rent space so they can rehearse and put on shows in their community. Come help us celebrate their talent and dedication to Albuquerque’s indie music scene.
Posted in band studios, ChromaFest, events, general news, local live music
Tagged Aaron Lewis, Albuquerque music art scene, band practice space, band studios, ChromaFest, concerts, creativity, Critterz, Decapitation of a New Day, downtown Albuquerque, Electoral College Dropouts, events, general news, Humble Minds, live local music, live music, live music festival, Modus, music, news, Old Devils, performance, poetry, Psykick Monkey, shows, Sunlight, The Haptics, The MLC
El Sol y la Vida, Watercolor & Ink by Chris Baca Rodriguez
Tonight is the Downtown Artscrawl Friday! We have an art reception happening in the gallery from 6-10pm. Refreshments as always plus you have the chance to meet and greet some of our gallery artists. We have lots of great new art hanging this month including June’s featured artists, Chris Baca Rodriguez and Karl Eschenbach. Chris creates incredible drawings/watercolors and Karl is a wizard of digitally enhanced photography. This show runs through June 27th.
Visions 026, Digital Photo by Karl Eschenbach
In the performance space an Intimate Concert with Uncle Nick & the Recluses. They are a blues trio featuring Nick Harmon, who also happens to be one of our gallery artists! The Recluses are Greg Gould and Chroma’s own guitarist in residence, Aaron Lewis. Tickets for the concert are $10. Music will start around 7:30pm.
Posted in Art Opening, Intimate Concert Series
Tagged Aaron Lewis, art, artscrawl, Chris Baca Rodriguez, downtown, Greg Gould, intimate concert, Karl Eschenbach, music, Nick Harmon
We have several events happening here at Chroma Studios during December. We would love to see all our friends, new and old, for the holidays! We have extended our open hours to Tuesday-Saturday 12-6 pm. Shop local and buy from living artists!
1. In case you haven’t yet heard, we are holding a silent auction to benefit the Roadrunner Food Bank for the month of December. There are many artists participating and there will be drawings for door prizes on the opening night of the show. This is a great chance for you to help a worthy cause and have a piece of artwork to show for it. The opening reception is Friday, December 5th from 5-8:30 at Chroma Gallery at 1606 Central SE Suite 102. Call 259-6320 or 908-1392 for more information
Thanks to all the amazing artists who donated work for the auction;
Jean Casson O’Neill
2. On Saturday the 6th, Chroma will be hosting its first figure drawing group from 1-4 in the Gallery. We have limited space, so please call to reserve your place. Cost is $7 per session or prepay 5 sessions for $25. The group will meet every Saturday from 1-4 pm with the exception of the 27th of December when we will be closed. Call Paula at 259-6320 for more info.
3. On Friday, December 12th, Chroma will kick off its Intimate Concert Series. This series of concerts will be held on the Third Friday of most months in 2009 and will feature an acoustic performance in an intimate setting.
From 20 to 30 available seats depending on how much space the performers need. The first concert will be performed by Chroma founder Aaron Lewis and tickets will be sold for $5.00. Call 908-1392 to reserve your seat today.
4. On Friday, December 19th Chroma will have a closing reception for the Silent Auction and wrapping artwork for the winning bidders. This reception will be from 5-8:30 as well.
5. Chroma will be closing on Dec 21st until our First Friday show in January to allow the artist Nick Harmon to come in and prepare the gallery for his Fhab opening.(and to take a short breather).
Thank you for supporting Chroma Studios and your local art scene.
Chroma Studios will be celebrating it’s grand opening with an art show/reception on the First Friday of June, June 6th from 5:30 – 8:30 pm. We are located at 1606 Central SE Suite 201. About one block west of University, just above the Souper Salad.
In addition to art by our studio artists, we will show the work of other Albuquerque artists. I will post a list once I have more information. For your entertainment, Aaron Lewis, guitarist, will be playing music from his upcoming cd, Space Travel.